Come to the library to have a look and choose books (up to 4) to never be bored during the holidays!
We used a travel agency poster to create a beach atmosphere in the library, to make us feel warmer, when the heaters do not work! “Come in and book your escape today” became “Come and escape in your book today!”
The books selected for the display are all set in tropical islands, from pirate stories to horror, suspense, war, survival, sports, romance or animal stories, there is a book for everyone here… To read under 3 blankets (not provided)!
It’s Otago Careers festival!
Visit your library to find everything you need to think about your Career Pathway……
- Know yourself (skills, interests, values and aptitude)
- Know what opportunities are out there
- To make informed decisions, talk to people and do the research
- Taking action – Make a Plan A and a Plan B
Where to get more information?
- Family and friends
- Mentors and teachers
Find your Industry training organisation:
- www.mito.org.nz (Mechanical)
- www.sfrito.org.nz (Sport Recreation)
- www.attto.org.nz (tourism)
- www.retailinstitute.org.nz (retail)
- www.hsi.co.nz (hospitality)
Last week was Career week in the college and we hosted some inspiring speakers, from a local helicopter pilot to Masterchef competitor Sue Drummond…
Our bookclub members offer you a new book display Spy: Undercover, for all of you who enjoy Alex Rider and The Cherub series. Extend your SPY book experience by borrowing a book from the display, you never know what is undercover!
The library is the lucky host of Y9 Art models. Come to MACLIC and have a look. Which is your favourite?
What a fortnight! Here are some highlights:
Beautiful colours on our windows thanks to your huge participation to the Genre display 🙂
- Suzannah as Ping (Dragonkeeper, by Carole Wilkinson, Black Dog)
- Sophie as Alice (Twilight series, by Stephenie Meyer, Atom)
- Nina as Alice (Best Friends, by Jacqueline Wilson, Doubleday)
- Florence as Eriksson (Eriksson and the Mysterious Alca Impennis, by Shirley Brears, National Pacific Press (NZ))
We have just judged the 10 fantastic entries we have received and informally gave their prizes to the winners.
Ally Waser won “The Pool Boy” for her thoughtful “Diamond Girls” poster.
Well done to all the participants! Come to the library to pick up your Ice-block voucher and see the library decorated with your very own poster!
A simple set up:
- Think of a book you like
- Choose a note describing it best. Which GENRE is it?
- Write the book title in the space provided
- Stick your note at the right place on the windows
Not only it is colourfully decorated, but also you can see what students like to read. Nice and useful 🙂
- Designing a logo and finding a motto, making bookmarks with it
- Deciding on a book we all agree to read, and starting to read it… We chose the first of the Cherub series, The Recruit, by Robert Muchamore, not original, but really cool…
- Creating a new display for the library. FANTASY is our first theme, because it is a great genre and fairly easy to illustrate. We gathered the materials we needed and designed it, with lots of glitter!