- Designing a logo and finding a motto, making bookmarks with it
- Deciding on a book we all agree to read, and starting to read it… We chose the first of the Cherub series, The Recruit, by Robert Muchamore, not original, but really cool…
- Creating a new display for the library. FANTASY is our first theme, because it is a great genre and fairly easy to illustrate. We gathered the materials we needed and designed it, with lots of glitter!
So we just met and it was great. 8 keen readers, keen to share, keen to discover, keen to read. We decided:
- Our name is MACLIC Book Club
- Our logo will be an indefinite triangle with the words “Reading never stops”
- We will meet on Thursdays lunchtime, in the library
- We will read one same book and share our comments
- We will also read our own and talk about it to the group
- We will choose and set up displays for the library
- We will feed the blog, here, this one!
- We are interested in book-related competitions
- We will choose new books and meet authors
- We will have a maclic book club tea at the end of each term
- We will organise a book fair or book swap
The hardest is really to choose ONE book to all read and share. Lets bring ideas next week or post a suggestion!
Come to the meeting Thursday lunchtime and you’ll decide what you want to do:
– Choose a name for the book club
– Read and share books, of course
– Choose new books
– Contribute to MACLIC blog
– Choose and design the library display
– Meet writers
– Participate in book-related competition
– Organise a bookfair, a reading campaign, do posters
– All ideas welcome
Become a MACLIC book club member !