As part of the QLDC public libraries review, our students were invited to answer to 3 questions:
- What do you value the most about a library service?
- What would encourage you to use the library more often?
- What does the library look like in the future?
To the latter, the 107 students answers are (some students gave several answers):
- More technology (includes more ebooks, more computers, more e-readers): 33
- Bigger place: 16
- More books: 12
- More comfortable seats: 9
- EBooks instead of books: 8
- Same as today: 7
- Movies: 4
- Other (talking books, research facility, games): 3
- Less popular: 2
That’s less than 5% seeing a future without books.