Design a poster to promote reading OR a book you love (1 point) – best one earns 3 points
Create a video clip to promote reading OR a book you love (2 points) – Best one earns 6 points
Write and draw a graphic novel to promote reading OR a book you love (2 points) – Could be with Pixton.com Best one earns 6 points
Invent and perform a song to promote reading OR a book you love (3 points) – Best one earns 9 points.
Your poster, video clip, graphic novel or song must contain a slogan that promotes reading, one you invent, one you like or one from this list. The slogan must be set in its relevant context. Example: “Dive into reading” slogan would be illustrated by a person who dives into a book which contains waves.
Guidelines for the minimum content for a book promotion:
The promotion material (poster, video, graphic novel, song) must contain:
- the book title and author and/or photo of the book
- the genre and/or at least three keywords
- why you love it
- your name, class and whanau
- Must be submitted by Monday 20th August 2012 4pm at the library.
- Teachers can participate and earn points for their house too but they will not win.
- In case of a song, talk to the librarian to organise the performing.
- All qualifying entries will be displayed in the library and earn points.
- Winning entries will earn double points and be published on the website.
Students read a story aloud (1 point) during week 5
Students are invited to read a story aloud
- at lunchtime in the library, or
- with a college staff witness (from a different house) or
- at the radio!
Must be a whole story either an album or a short story from a book (minimum 3 pages).