Library week will run from Monday 13th to Friday 17th August, as the library house competition.
The library week is the occasion to have fun, share our love for reading, redecorate the library AND earn points in the College House Competition.
Here is how you can get points for your house:
- Design a poster to promote reading OR a book you love (1 point) – best one earns 3 points (staff posters will also bring one point to their house, but do not qualify to win)
- Create a video clip to promote reading OR a book you love (2 points) – Best one earns 6 points
- Write and draw a graphic novel to promote reading OR a book you love (2 points) – Could be with Pixton.com – Best one earns 6 points
- Invent and perform a song to promote reading OR a book you love (3 points) – Best one earns 9 points
- Senior students read a story aloud (1 point) – lunchtime in the library or with adult (from a different house) witness – or at the radio!
A list of reading slogans will be provided as well as guidelines for the minimum content for a book promotion.
All qualifying entries will be displayed in the library and the best ones will be published on the library website.
For the library house competition, on your marks… get set…