21st May to the 8th June
Library House Competition in 2018
- Favourite book poster competition
As usual, create a poster of your favourite book showing the title and author, an illustration and 3 keywords that describe the book. Return to the library (with your name and whanau) by 4pm, 8st June 2018.
Each valid poster earns 1 mark for your house. The winning poster earns 3 marks and the runner up 2 marks. Book vouchers will be offered to the winner and runner-up.
- Reading photography competition
Launched with success in 2017, the competition’s theme is photos which feature staff and students reading intently, happily, cosily to role-model reading. There are 3 categories:
- Best photo
- Most interesting location
- Most people reading
- Each whanau is invited to submit ONE photo in each category. Choose the best one!
- The photos may be published so people featured must agree to their image being used online
- There must be no harm done to the participants nor the books (or the photo will be disqualified!).
- Photos must be of a publishable quality to qualify (eg. blurred, too dark or people not reading)
- Each photo earns a mark. The winning photo in each category earns 3 marks; the runner-up in each category earns 2 marks.
Please email photos to email@example.com by 4pm 1st June 2018. House Points will be announced the following week.
Stop Drop Read!
Every day in whanau during the Reading Fortnight: Spend 10 minutes reading. Everyone just opens a book -including the teacher- and dives into reading for 10 minutes. It has been identified as an effective activity to raise the profile and enjoyment of reading. It could be a book or a magazine, a cool article. Please not on electronic device as half the time would be spent checking that it IS reading.
3-5 minutes activities are available in the library. Ask the librarian and have fun! Chocolate Fish for winners (during reading fortnight only)
Enjoy reading ~ Read what you enjoy!